Re: [RFC/PATCH] remove unneeded check in bcm43xx

From: John W. Linville
Date: Mon Apr 10 2006 - 09:47:18 EST

On Mon, Apr 10, 2006 at 06:28:00AM +0200, Michael Buesch wrote:

> To summerize: I actually added these messages, because people were
> hitting "this does not work with >1G" issues and did not get an error message.
> So I decided to insert warnings until the issue is fixed inside the arch code.
> I will remove them once the issue is fixed.

This sounds like the same sort of problems w/ the b44 driver.
I surmise that both use the same (broken) DMA engine from Broadcom.

Unfortunately, I don't know of any good solution to this. There are
a few hacks in b44 that deal with the issue. I don't like them,
although I am the perpetrator of at least one of them. It might be
worth looking at what was done there?

YMMV...

John
--