Re: Suspend to disk

From: Christian Heimanns
Date: Fri Apr 14 2006 - 07:27:49 EST

Sorry for the delay, I was on the road...

Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> [update]
>
> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 22:35, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
>> On Tuesday 11 April 2006 22:06, Christian Heimanns wrote:
>>> Hello to all,
>>> following situation:
>>> On my notebook Samsung X20 1730V I'm running Slackware 10.2 current with
>>> kernel 2.6.15.6. Suspend to RAM and suspend to disk works fine.
>>> Since kernel >= 2.6.16 suspend to disk breaks the restore of the
>>> X-Server. That means that the current sessions is lost and the X-Server
>>> restarts.
>> Does it resume successfully without X (ie. runlevel 3)?
>>
>>> No problems with suspend to RAM. Please find attached the
>>> dmesg output for kernel 2.6.15.6 and 2.6.16.2. As well there is the
>>> output frpm lspci. The only difference I can find is that I have with
>>> kernel 2.6.16 some
>> Do you use a framebuffer driver and if so, is it modular?
>
> Sorry, I see in the logs that you do. Could you please boot with vga=normal
> and see if that helps?

I tried kernel 2.6.16.2 with vga=normal. No changes. Suspend to RAM
works well, suspend to disk not. It's just the X-Server who restarts and
I lose the suspended X-session. The following messages I've found in
the dmesg output after resume:

pnp: Device 00:08 does not supported activation.
pnp: Device 00:09 does not supported activation.
Restarting tasks... done

No idea what pnp device 00:08 and 00:09 is! These problems I have only
with the kernel >= 2.6.16

Regards,
Christian
--