Re: Which device did I boot from?

From: Rene Herman
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 05:52:46 EST

Andrey Borzenkov wrote:

If you choose the (experimental) CONFIG_EDD option in your kernel then,
with cooperation of your BIOS, you'll have a /sys/firmware/edd with at
least some info about the BIOS boot device. For me:

I am sorry but it does not tell about boot device. It contains all hard disks enumerated via EDD interface. I do not see any information under /sys/firmware/edd that would have allowed to guess boot device.

int13_dev80 is the bootdevice. Or that used to be the case with things such as booting from SCSI at least. Don't know about booting from, say, USB.

Rene.