Re: [patch] ipv4: initialize arp_tbl rw lock

From: Heiko Carstens
Date: Sat Apr 15 2006 - 19:01:07 EST

> > callchain: inet_init() -> inet_register_protosw() -> synchronize_net()
>
> The problem can't be rcu_init(), that gets done very early
> in init/main.c
>
> Maybe it's some timer or something else specific to s390?
>
> It could also be that there's perhaps nothing to context
> switch to, thus the RCU takes forever to "happen".

Changing inet_init to fs_initcall() moves it way up the chain...
There are quite a few __initcall()s (way is this mapped to
device_initcall()?) and module_init()s in places where I would
never have expected them (e.g. kernel/).
After all the dependencies are anything but obvious to me. The
only obvious solution which fixes my problem would be to convert
qeth's module_init() to late_initcall().