Re: [patch 1/3] acpi: dock driver

From: Prarit Bhargava
Date: Sun Apr 16 2006 - 09:30:23 EST

I'm not sure if my previous reply made it out to the list and everyone else. I'm in the process of switching email addresses :(. Sorry if this is a repeat Kristen, et al.... My apologies if this is the case ...

+static struct dock_dependent_device * alloc_dock_dependent_device(acpi_handle handle)
+{
+ struct dock_dependent_device *dd;
+
+ dd = kzalloc(sizeof(*dd), GFP_KERNEL);
+ if (dd) {
+ dd->handle = handle;
+ INIT_LIST_HEAD(&dd->list);
+ INIT_LIST_HEAD(&dd->hotplug_list);
+ }
+ return dd;
+}
+

What do you do if this returns NULL (ie, kzalloc did not succeed)? Then you blindly use the pointer elsewhere in the code?

P.

P.