Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] net/netlink/: possible cleanups

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 10:19:45 EST

On Fri, Apr 14, 2006 at 02:56:12PM +0400, Evgeniy Polyakov wrote:
> Although it is always statically built systems, it is still very
> convenient way of netlink usage for others (future modular systems).

I do understand Dave's "new API, users are expected soon" point.

OTOH, we also have to always check whether users are expected soon (and
recheck whether there are really users after some time) since every
single export makes the kernel larger for nearly everyone.

> Evgeniy Polyakov

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.