Re: [RFC] Watchdog device class

From: Mark Rustad
Date: Tue Apr 18 2006 - 18:24:28 EST

On Apr 18, 2006, at 2:32 PM, Rudolf Marek wrote:

What's the point in having more than one watchdog active?
If you want more than one, why hardcode a specific limit?

I thought there might be such future need, nowdays it used
to test the stuff.

If nobody here wants it I have no problem to change the class just to allow
one active watchdog.

Actually, I have a case right now. For us, a watchdog with minute granularity is just too long, but that is the only hardware watchdog available. So, we use softdog for finer granularity and the additional crappy hardware watchdog just to catch cases that softdog doesn't. I just wanted to pass along an example where more than one watchdog is needed for your consideration.

--
Mark Rustad, MRustad@xxxxxxx