Re: [RFC: 2.6 patch] let arm use drivers/Kconfig

From: David Woodhouse
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 16:54:31 EST

On Thu, 2006-04-20 at 14:06 +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > This dependency is incorrect. It's only one or two chip-specific drivers
> > which require that the architecture correctly handle alignment traps,
> > and even then it's only actually apparent when used with JFFS2 which
> > actually _gives_ it an unaligned buffer occasionally. Everything else
> > works fine.
>
> Can anyone tell me which chip-specific drivers are affected by this
> issue so that I can send a patch?

Disabling those chip drivers isn't necessarily the answer, since they
can still be used in most cases; just not for JFFS2. Perhaps we should
just disable JFFS2 if BROKEN_UNALIGNED is set -- or disable JFFS2 on NOR
flash if it's set.

Get the generic BROKEN_UNALIGNED thing done across all architectures
which need it, and we'll work out precisely where to use it.

--
dwmw2