unix socket connection tracking

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 18:32:08 EST

Greetings All.

I feel dumb as never so please enlight me. Is ther a way to find out which
process is on the other end of a unix socket pointed by a specified fd in a process.

Lets say that I have got a process gconfd-2. I've straced it and got:

writev(25, [{"GIOP\1\2\1\0\267\1\0\0", 12},....

now I look at lsof
COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
gconfd-2 2282 jdoe 25u unix 0xc55a9380 4222 socket

and netstat

Proto RefCnt Flags Type State I-Node PID/Program name Path
unix 3 [ ] STREAM CONNECTED 4222 2282/gconfd-2

OK, fine when the gconfd-2 has written the data something's had to read it. I
ask: How can I find what has read the data? Forgive me if it's trivial but I
really find no way to learn it. Neither in /proc nor using some tools like above.

Best regards.
PS. please don't forget to CC.
--
ByÅo mi bardzo miÅo. Czwarta pospolita klÄska, [...]