Potential kernel lockup

From: steve szmidt
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 07:49:37 EST

Hi,

I thought it might be of value to know that I got what looks like a kernel
lockup that instantly froze the system (incl mouse) and any network access,
requiring a hard reset to recover.

Using 2.6.16-1.2096_FC5, AMD 2700+ and KDE (all updated as of 4/20) 1.5G RAM
and nVidia 4200 with binary only nVidia driver under Xinerama.

Since the kernel really should not be able to be crashed like this someone
here might be interested in tracking it, if nothing else to build up a number
of common denominators.

If this is of value I can be contacted off list for all the details.

--

Steve Szmidt

"For evil to triumph all that is needed is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke