Re: Linux 2.6.17-rc2

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:42:36 EST

On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 14:15 -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-04-21 at 10:58 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I got slashdotted! Yay!
> >
> > On Thu, 20 Apr 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > >
> > > I claim that Mach people (and apparently FreeBSD) are incompetent idiots.
> >
> > I also claim that Slashdot people usually are smelly and eat their
> > boogers, and have an IQ slightly lower than my daughters pet hamster
> > (that's "hamster" without a "p", btw, for any slashdot posters out
> > there. Try to follow me, ok?).
> >
> > Furthermore, I claim that anybody that hasn't noticed by now that I'm an
> > opinionated bastard, and that "impolite" is my middle name, is lacking a
> > few clues.
> >
> > Finally, it's clear that I'm not only the smartest person around, I'm also
> > incredibly good-looking, and that my infallible charm is also second only
> > to my becoming modesty.
>
> I'll vouch for your handsomeness, as in this picture, I'm trying to be
> your twin: http://www.kihontech.com/pics/torvalds.jpg Ha! I bet you
> never knew we've met.

Oh, and BTW, Linus, I never apologized for that shot. It was probably
the reason you don't walk around the Expo's at LinuxWorld. I was the
first person to recognize you at the first LinuxWorldExpo in
San Fransisco in 1998 and walked up to ask for the photograph. After the
shot was taken, it attracted the attention of others in the area, and
then within seconds you were mobbed. So I now apologize for causing you
that headache ;-)

And about that shot... Unfortunately(maybe?) the guy taking the picture
hit the button too quickly and neither of us were ready for it. You
then looked at me and said "Well that should be an interesting photo"
and proceeded to walk away (just before being mobbed).

Thanks,

-- Steve