Re: scheduler question 2.6.16.x

From: Nick Warne
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 14:33:42 EST

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 19:15, Jens Axboe wrote:

> > But I can build both in... so I guess then the kernel decides what is
> > the best to use? Or should it be so I am only allowed to select one
> > or the other and allowing both is an oversight?
>
> See the option no more than two lines down from that, default io
> scheduler. Also see Documentation/block/switching-sched.txt and/or
> Documentation/kernel-parameters.txt (elevator=) section.

Hi Jens,

I haven't got the switching-sched.txt, although I found a sched-design.txt...
but what I meant was if I select whatever default, do/can I still need to
select either/or scheduler?

i.e. why doesn't 'default selection option' only allow that scheduler to be
selected?

Nick
--
"Person who say it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."
-Chinese Proverb