Re: Problems with EDAC coexisting with BIOS

From: Corey Minyard
Date: Tue Apr 25 2006 - 22:18:59 EST

Gross, Mark wrote:

>>Yes, this is what I was talking about. I believe the mode of
>>module_param should be 444, since modifying this after the module is
>>loaded won't do anything. Also, it might be nice to print something
>>different in the "force" case.
>>

>How about printing nothing like it used too?
>
>See attached.

This is fine with me. I debated between printing nothing and a "You
have chosen to override ..." print but didn't come out with any
opinion. I'm easy either way.

The indenting in the "if (!force_function_unhide && !(stat8 & (1 << 5)))
{" clause is kind of strange and you have some spaces instead of tabs
right after that (where stat8 is set).

Thanks again,

-Corey