question about procfs

From: Massimiliano Hofer
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 08:29:34 EST

Hi,
I'm trying various things with procfs, but there's one thing I can't find in
any existing code or documentation.
If I define a hook for proc_iops->unlink in a procfs directory and do a
remove_proc_entry() when called, I always get this message:

"de_put: deferred delete of ..."

Everything seems to work, but I get the warning.
I see 3 possibilities:
- I'm doing it the wrong way (likely);
- it's an overzealous warning that everyone should ignore;
- it's officially deemed as a Bad Thing (TM) (also likely).

Does anyone know why the warning is there?

I know procfs is not supposed to be meddled too much, but I'm just trying to
hack. :)

--
Saluti,
Massimiliano Hofer