Re: iptables is complaining with bogus unknown error18446744073709551615

From: Maurice Volaski
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 11:41:06 EST

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 09:12:38PM -0400, Maurice Volaski wrote:
Automatic kernel module loading! That is an option and it's off by
default. When it's off, attempts to load kernel modules are ignored
internally, and that's why iptables was failing. It tried to load
xt_tcpudp, but was ignored by the kernel.

What do you mean by "it's an option" and "is off by default". I would
claim that any major linux distribution that I've seen in the last ten
years has support for module auto loading (enabled by default).

Distribution vendors are free to change it to whatever they want, I guess, but it's OFF by default in the official kernel (.config).
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@xxxxxxxxxxxx