Re: can't compile kernels lately (2.6.16.5 and up)

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Thu Apr 27 2006 - 16:37:38 EST

Grzegorz JaÅkiewicz wrote:
root@puppet:/usr/src/linux-2.6.16.11# make
CHK include/linux/version.h
HOSTCC scripts/mod/file2alias.o
scripts/mod/file2alias.c:386: warning: 'struct input_device_id'
declared inside parameter list
scripts/mod/file2alias.c:386: warning: its scope is only this
definition or declaration, which is probably not what you want

Did you try
- save .config
- make distclean (or mrproper)
- restore .config
- make oldconfig

I think there's a corner case which patch application leaves file mod dates wrong somehow.just "make clean" is a cure, but this is the big gun.

I realize you probably know this and tried it before asking, but it sure looks like what I see which I brain fart and don't clean properly before the next build,.

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)