Re: better leve triggered IRQ management needed

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Apr 29 2006 - 17:24:13 EST

On Llu, 2006-04-24 at 11:41 -0700, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> I am seeing repeated problems with misconfigured systems that have shared IRQ
> devices configured for edge-triggered.

I've been thinking about this a chunk more. The embedded folks have been
having a related argument about SA_EDGE and SA_LEVEL or similar. On some
embedded platforms the driver really has to pass this information
according to the board configuration.

Trying to guess the current IRQ level v edge on a PC is very hard.
Trying to set it correctly from the driver is rather easier.