Re: 2.6.17-rc3-mm1

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Mon May 01 2006 - 17:29:05 EST

On Mon, May 01, 2006 at 11:57:33AM -0700, H. Peter Anvin wrote:

> If it makes your life easier I'd be happy to produce a klibc tree on
> top of the header cleanup tree.
klibc is independent today and I really suggest to leave it so until
header cleanup tree has been merged.
Otherwise we would end up in a situation where klibc are ready but due
to dependency on header cleanup we had to wait until 2.6.19.

> klibc really should be built against
> the exported headers, which should both make klibc easier to maintain
> and provide a degree automatic testing of the exported headers.
So this is a natural next step on top of the header cleanup tree.

Sam