Re: assert/crash in __rmqueue() when enabling CONFIG_NUMA

From: Martin J. Bligh
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 11:17:43 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
On Tuesday 02 May 2006 16:02, Martin J. Bligh wrote:

Oh that's a 32bit kernel. I don't think the 32bit NUMA has ever worked
anywhere but some Summit systems (at least every time I tried it it blew up on me and nobody seems to use it regularly). Maybe it would be finally time to mark it CONFIG_BROKEN though or just remove it (even by design it doesn't work very well)

Bollocks. It works fine,

On what kind of box? Some summit system, right?

Summit and NUMA-Q, ie everything we originally created it for.

Well, it doesn't work for Ingo clearly. My own experiences every time
I tried it were similar.

What platform?

I think I stand by my original statement.

If it works fine on some platforms and not on others, I would venture to
suggest it's a platform-specific issue, and marking the whole thing as
CONFIG_BROKEN would be an entirely inappropriate overreaction to what
is probably a simple bug.

M.