Re: assert/crash in __rmqueue() when enabling CONFIG_NUMA

From: Nick Piggin
Date: Tue May 02 2006 - 19:36:08 EST

Martin J. Bligh wrote:
Oh that's a 32bit kernel. I don't think the 32bit NUMA has ever worked
anywhere but some Summit systems (at least every time I tried it it blew up on me and nobody seems to use it regularly). Maybe it would be finally time to mark it CONFIG_BROKEN though or just remove it (even by design it doesn't work very well)

Bollocks. It works fine, and is tested every single day, on every git
release, and every -mm tree.

Whatever the case, there definitely does not appear to be sufficient
zone alignment enforced for the buddy allocator. I cannot see how it
could work if zones are not aligned on 4MB boundaries.

Maybe some architectures / subarch code naturally does this for us,
but Ingo is definitely hitting this bug because his config does not
(align, that is).

I've randomly added a couple more cc's.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.