Re: Add a "enable" sysfs attribute to the pci devices to allow userspace(Xorg) to enable devices without doing foul direct access

From: Arjan van de Ven
Date: Wed May 03 2006 - 02:02:32 EST

Jon Smirl wrote:
On 5/2/06, Dave Airlie <airlied@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jon stop being so dramatic, this is just like letting userspace map
the BARs, without ownership through sysfs, which is a good thing, you
can still map /dev/mem, look we have lots of ways to shoot ourselves
in the foot, if we *want* to.

So why don't we just build a VGA class driver or make null fbdev

I think your mail client is defective, you somehow managed to not attach the patch *again*.