Re: Remove silly messages from input layer.

From: Pavel Machek
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 05:38:18 EST

Hi!

> There are two messages in the input layer that seem to be
> triggerable very easily, and they confuse end-users to no end.
> "too many keys pressed? Should I press less keys?"
> I actually got a complaint from one user that he had only
> hit one key before being told to type less.

Actually, that message is useful for me. It tells me which keyboards
are crap; I have non-standard keymap (ctrl<->capslock) and some
keyboards can handle it while some other can't :-( (thinkpad x32
complains a bit). And yes, there is
problem hidden behind this message: if see this too often, your
keyboard will drop some keypresses, too (logitech keyboard with
touchpad).
Pavel
--
Thanks, Sharp!