Re: hpt366 driver oops or panic with HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 SATA(HPT372N)

From: Sergei Shtylyov
Date: Thu May 04 2006 - 15:54:49 EST

Hello.

Alan Cox wrote:

When used with a HighPoint RocketRAID 1520 SATA (HPT372N) the hpt366 driver, compiled as a module, oops'es on loading. If the driver is compiled into the kernel it causes a kernel panic on boot while detecting the card. Kernels tested: 2.6.13.2, 2.6.13.4 and 2.6.14. Please CC any answers to me since I'm not on the list.

I think I've dealt with this oops now, see my recent patches to this
driver, particularly the one that reads the f_CNT value saved by BIOS...

WBR, Sergei