Re: USB 2.0 ehci failure with large amount of RAM (4GB) on x86_64

From: Nathan Becker
Date: Sat May 06 2006 - 16:36:57 EST

Thanks for all suggestions. I tried passing mem=2048m to the kernel. This is with 2.6.16.13. This did fix the USB ehci problem. Of course
the kernel only sees half of my RAM, so this is not a satisfactory
long-term workaround.

As for your other suggestions, I'm not sure how to implement those. I'm not a kernel developer. If you can give me more specific
instructions or send me a patch I would be happy to try those out. Otherwise, if you feel that this is unrelated to the other entries in
bugzilla with similar symptoms, I would be happy to submit a bug
report.