Re: LPC bus in a geode sc1200

From: Carlos Ojea Castro
Date: Wed May 10 2006 - 03:55:28 EST

> I wrote a driver to use LPC bus in a geode sc1200. For now I am able
> to transmit an read or write "I/O cycle" to the LPC.
> What I want to do now is to read or write to the LPC using a "Memory
cycle".

> Anyone knows how can I archieve this?
> is there another list more suitable for my question?

The LPC bus is the same as ISA as far as software is concerned. You
just read and write to it, or do DMA or whatever you want.

I have an FPGA on port 0x500 on the LPC bus of an sc1200, and I just
read and write the registers there the same as any other hardware.

Len Sorensen

Thank you very much for your reply, Len.
I will also have an FPGA (I think it will be on port 0x1400 or so). I
am writing to LPC using 'outb' like this: outb (data, port);
So I see an I/O write on the LPC bus, that is: 2 bytes for address and
1 byte for data (it tooks one microsecond per transfer).

To speed up things, I wish to transmit more than 1 byte for data in
each transfer (if possible).
Accordingly with page 194 of the sc1200 processor data book, it is
also possible to do a "Bus Master Memory Write" to transmit 1,2 or 4
bytes.
Do you know how can I make a "Bus Master Memory Write" to the LPC?

Thank you very much, regards!
Carlos