Re: Linux 2.6.16.16

From: Nick Warne
Date: Thu May 11 2006 - 07:07:18 EST

On 11/05/06, Maciej Soltysiak <solt2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

But this one looks important, something that every kernel build
has in its code path, however I am unable to say if I need it badly
or maybe not.

The url: http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2006-1860
says nothing about it.

Could we have a word or two under each patchlet that would qualify them
somehow?
Like:
"Important, not required for all, apply if using SCTP"
"Important, required for all, may *do bad things*, apply ASAP"
"Critical, required for all, surely will *do bad things*, apply ASAP"

This is exactly my thoughts. I read the changelog:

http://kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/ChangeLog-2.6.16.16

and it does look important, but I am not sure either if I need to apply.

Good suggestion, Maciej!

Nick