Re: [BUG 2.6.17-git] kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache scsi_cmd_cache

From: Russell King
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 16:37:27 EST

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:58:45PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> I suggest simply reversing this patch at the moment. If Russell and
> Jens can tell me what they're trying to do I'll see if there's another
> way to do it.

When a MMC card is pulled, we remove the MMC device structure (which
is what the driverfs_dev points at.) At this point, the MMC layer
*totally* forgets about the MMC device and deletes it.

Unfortunately, an uncounted reference is kept while the partition is
mounted by the gendisk layer, which when the partition is unmounted
via hotplug causes another hotplug event to be generated with respect
to this freed MMC device structure, and hence you get an oops.

Since the MMC layer has lost all knowledge of the device, the only
possible solution is as given in that patch.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core