Re: [BUG 2.6.17-git] kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache scsi_cmd_cache

From: Russell King
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 17:02:41 EST

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 01:52:15PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 09:38:50PM +0100, Russell King wrote:
> > >
> > > Reverted, with a big changelog entry to explain why.
> >
> > Great, I'm fucked by the SCSI folk again.
> >
> > Can we revert the patch which broke the MMC/SD layer - the one which
> > added the mount/unmount hotplug events as well then.
>
> Why would the mount/unmount hotplug event change break MMC/SD? Do you
> have a reference to the patch in question?

Please read the commit message in the change in question.

The block layer holds on to a reference to a struct device which
isn't refcounted (until I added it with my patch.) Hence struct
gendisk structures have a completely independent lifetime and are
only destroyed when all references to them are removed.

--
Russell King
maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core