Re: [BUG 2.6.17-git] kmem_cache_create: duplicate cache scsi_cmd_cache

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri May 12 2006 - 18:22:36 EST

On Fri, 12 May 2006, Al Viro wrote:

> Secondary question: who had resurrected that crap? I distinctly remember
> killing it off...

If you did, I don't think it ever got into the kernel.

It was added by Kay Sievers on Nov 3, 2004, according to the old history
(back then it was in drivers/block/genhd.c, and the function was called
"block_hotplug()", but apart from renaming the function and moving the
file, it's recognizably the same.

Of course, you may have killed off an even earlier incarnation..

Linus