Re: [RFT] major libata update

From: Matthieu CASTET
Date: Wed May 17 2006 - 03:35:31 EST

On Llu, 2006-05-15 at 14:15 -0400, Jeff Garzik wrote:
> > which persists on Sil 311x on rare motherboards. The rest are either
> > addressed with the improved error handling, or are ATAPI + VIA AFAICS.

> ATAPI + VIA to that pattern is also showing up on pata_via cases as
> well, but only on via so far. Its as if there is a case where the IRQ of
> the first command is lost sometimes.
I investigated further the problem. For my pata case the interrupt go
through idle_irq in ata_host_intr.
If I put a printk before ata_host_intr in ata_interrupt there no problem.

I bet "altstatus" or "main status" return ATA_BUSY and are not cleared
enough fast by the hardware.

I will try others tests this evening.

Matthieu