Re: replacing X Window System !

From: Al Boldi
Date: Sat May 20 2006 - 00:34:43 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 12:40:56AM +0200, linux cbon wrote:
> > I think the discussion should move to X.Org ?
>
> The whole discussion is pointless anywhere as long as you are not
> writing the code to implement your proposal.
>
> If you think you could send an idea and other people would implement it
> you are misunderstanding how open source software works.
>
> You have your idea.
>
> It is YOUR job to write the code implementing your proposal.
>
> Then there's a basis for a technical discussion of the advantages and
> disadvantages of your ideas.

Implementing an idea before discussing it's feasibility?

Kind of stupid, don't you think?

> Otherwise, you are only wasting your (and our) time since there's
> exactly a 0% probability that someone else will implement your ideas.

Maybe not 0% exactly.

Not that I would agree with the in-Kernel X idea per se, but it does raise
the issue of a stable API once more, as it would allow more freedom to
create a module against a version line w/o fear of being rejected.

Thanks!

--
Al