Was curious as to which utilities would offer the best compression ratio for
the kernel source, I thought it'd be bzip2 or rar but lzma wins, roughly 6 MiB
smaller than bzip2.
- .7z 7zip
- .j JAR (www.arjsoftware.com)
- .ice LHICE (some sort of "brother" to lharc aka lzh)
- .ace ACE (www.winace.com)
- UPX (yes!, you just need to put '#!/\n' at the front)
- .cab MS CAB (use winace)
- .bh BlackHole
- .pak PKARC 2.51
- .sqz SqueezeIt
ftp://camelot.spsl.nsc.ru/pub/win32/arc/ - you'll find some there
happy packing :)
- is this rzip with _maximum_ distance?