Re: Is OPROFILE actively maintained?

From: Chris Wedgwood
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 16:17:50 EST

On Sun, May 21, 2006 at 03:57:10PM -0400, Dave Jones wrote:

> Why on earth would we want to remove a working feature ?

We don't. I personally don't want to see it go, I use it myself.

> Just because it isn't getting patched every release doesn't mean
> it's rotting, Oprofile is actually one of the few kernel features
> which I don't recall a single regression in since 2.6.0

It works for me, still others have claimed it's unmaintained and has
issues that have not been address.

> BROKEN is for stuff that doesn't compile, or is fundamentally flawed
> beyond repair at the current time (For example, needs infrastructure
> work to happen before it can work correctly).

Sure, based on my personal experience oprofile works fine, I'm just
putting an idea out there given comments from others.

> Oprofile fits neither of those categories.

So it should remain EXPERIMENTAL then in your view?