Re: [IDEA] Poor man's UPS

From: Christian Trefzer
Date: Mon May 22 2006 - 11:48:02 EST

On Mon, May 22, 2006 at 04:40:58PM +0100, Alan Cox wrote:

> Lead acid batteries should be kept well charged to avoid sulphation and
> always full charged when recharging, preferably using a charger that
> will do proper three step charging. "Cycling" a lead acid battery is a
> great way to destroy it.

So it is better to use only one battery (or an array thereof) which is
sort of charged and discharged at the same time, or is this idea just as
screwed..? I don't have a degree in electronics, mind you : )

Might be easier to build something that keeps a battery well maintained
and switches in case of power outage. With large enough condensors to
bridge the gap, which would also iron out any peaks and stuff, this
should work pretty well.

Kind regards,
Chris