Re: Compact Flash Serial ATA patch

From: Matthew Dharm
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 13:23:11 EST

On Tue, May 23, 2006 at 04:16:37AM -0600, Russell McConnachie wrote:
> I was having some trouble with a serial ATA compact flash adapter with
> libata. I wrote a small patch for the kernel to work around the sanity
> check, dma blacklisting and device ID detections in ata_dev_classify().

I've had this problem, too. Apparently, my CF/SATA bridge doesn't support
DMA, but libata requires it.

I don't know if this is the right fix (if nothing else the patch needs to
be sent in unified diff format), but it's certainly something that needs
fixing.

Matt

--
Matthew Dharm Home: mdharm-usb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx