RE: APIC error on CPUx

From: Brown, Len
Date: Tue May 23 2006 - 16:17:01 EST

> http://www.abclinuxu.cz/images/hosting/sr1200.pdf

An Intel SCB2, a Dual P3/Serverworks board....
Run it in the default IOAPIC mode and ignore the warnings.
No, upgrading the kernel will almost certainly not make
any difference.
My note about running with "noapic" was mis-guided --
I didn't realize this was an SMP server board.

Curious, however that you can't boot in IOAPIC mode with acpi=off.
I thought that in that era they still had MPS support. You might
take a peek at the BIOS setup options. dmesg will also mention
MPS if it is there. However, even if you succeeded in booting
in acpi=off MPS IOAPIC mode, I would not expect it to have an
effect on the warnings you see.

cheers,
-Len