Re: Recent x86-64 patch causes many devices to disappear

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri May 26 2006 - 06:28:26 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
The problem is that most people cannot figure out how to disable this in the BIOS so we needed a way to make it boot
out of the box.

Agreed.

Booting without PCI-X is better than booting with it.

May I suppose you mean "booting without PCI-X is better than not booting at all" ? Booting with PCI-X is obviously better.

Maybe we should only do this if PCI segmentation is disabled?

May I suppose you mean "only do pci=noacpi if PCI segmentation is enabled" ? That was my original proposal in the thread, in fact.....

Jeff