Re: e1000 poor network performance - 2.6.17-rc5-g705af309

From: Jesse Brandeburg
Date: Sat May 27 2006 - 17:09:32 EST

On 5/26/06, Aravind Gottipati <aravind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

I recently started running linux on a new x60 thinkpad and started
noticing really poor network performance with this kernel. I saw some
archived threads from a while back saying this could be related to
conntracking. Disabled that (rmmod ip_conntrack) did not fix the
problem. I also tried disabling tso but that didn't have any effect
either. I can reproduce the problem when connected to a 100Mbps switch
(I don't have a GigE network to test this with).

First, lets move this over to netdev (see CC)

This laptop uses the Intel 82573L (PCI-Express) chip. I'd be glad to
assist with any toubleshooting/testing w.r.t this. I am not subscribed
to the list, so please cc me on any replies.

What kind of poor performance? what test? please send the output of
ethtool -e ethX and ethtool -S ethX after you've been having problems.

please provide more details and we can see if we can help.

Jesse