Re: Ethernet driver module compilation (8139too)

From: Chava Leviatan
Date: Mon May 29 2006 - 05:29:26 EST

Hi Brian,

I did reboot the machine, and saw that during boot time there is a call to depmod.
I did depmod -ae as you've requested, and here are the results:
[root@NettGain root]# depmod -ae >chav.dat
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/net/makefile.8139 is not an ELF file
depmod: /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/net/makefile.eepro is not an ELF file
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.18-3/kernel/drivers/net/8139too.o
depmod: __netdev_watchdog_up
depmod: flush_signals
depmod: eth_type_trans
depmod: mii_ethtool_sset
depmod: __kfree_skb
depmod: alloc_skb
depmod: pci_register_driver
depmod: mii_link_ok
depmod: pci_free_consistent
depmod: pci_enable_device
depmod: pci_read_config_byte
depmod: alloc_etherdev
depmod: mii_ethtool_gset
depmod: reparent_to_init
depmod: cpu_raise_softirq
depmod: free_irq
depmod: unregister_netdev
depmod: kill_proc
depmod: iounmap
depmod: pci_alloc_consistent
depmod: interruptible_sleep_on_timeout
depmod: __ioremap
depmod: pci_read_config_word
depmod: skb_copy_and_csum_dev
depmod: register_netdev
depmod: kfree
depmod: pci_release_regions
depmod: wait_for_completion
depmod: request_irq
depmod: mii_nway_restart
depmod: netif_rx
depmod: pci_unregister_driver
depmod: skb_over_panic
depmod: pci_set_master
depmod: do_BUG
depmod: rtnl_unlock
depmod: pci_write_config_word
depmod: daemonize
depmod: jiffies
depmod: softnet_data
depmod: rtnl_lock
depmod: printk
depmod: complete_and_exit
depmod: kernel_thread
depmod: __const_udelay
depmod: pci_request_regions

Please note that if I manually insmod mii , then the insmod 8139too passes w/o problems .

Chava
----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian F. G. Bidulock" <bidulock@xxxxxxxxxxx>