State of resume for AHCI?

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Jun 01 2006 - 13:27:46 EST

Hi Jeff,

I'm trying to get a Thinkpad X60 working properly. My biggest remaining problem is the failure of AHCI to resume properly after suspend-to-ram. I know the problem is known about and there are patches floating about to address it, but I don't really understand the larger picture. There were some discussions about it a couple of months ago, but I haven't seen anything much since.

Is there a git tree which should work properly on this hardware, or a current patch to do it? Does somebody need to bring the existing patch up to date? Does fixing this require more infrastructure changes which are still brewing?

I'm running 2.6.17-rc2-mm1 (soon mm2). I've tried porting Hannes Reinecke's patch to this tree, but there have been some code changes which cause significant conflicts, and I don't really know enough about the driver/hardware to be confident in my changes. That said, I have got something compiling, but it crashes somewhere in the kobject stuff when it encounters the first port with no drive on it; this looks like a more general scsi/libata bug; I'll track it down if its interesting.

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you could give me some hints about how to get a fix with some current kernel.

Thanks,