Re: State of resume for AHCI?

From: Hannes Reinecke
Date: Fri Jun 02 2006 - 02:43:06 EST

Jens Axboe wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 02 2006, zhao, forrest wrote:

>>> No that's it, I know for a fact that suspend/resume works perfectly with
>>> the 10.1 suse kernel. You can give that a shot, if you want.
>> You may mean the Hannes's patch for 10.1 SUSE kernel. Hannes's patch
>> posted in open source community(or in linux-ide mailing list) didn't
>> work.
>
> I didn't say Hannes patch, I said I know that 10.1 works. And that is
> probably in large due to the patch that Hannes did, which implents
> resume/suspend and takes care of reinitializing the resources.

Indeed. I didn't post the latest set of patches to the open-source
community as Jeff indicated he would only accept patches against
libata-dev. And as I didn't have time to port them yet I didn't feel the
need to do so.

Forrest, please drop me a mail if I can be of further assistance.

Cheers,

Hannes
--
Dr. Hannes Reinecke hare@xxxxxxx