Alsa sound vs OSS with wine and riven

From: Stephen Clark
Date: Sat Jun 03 2006 - 15:50:34 EST

Hello,

I have been working to get "Riven" the sequel to Myst to work with the latest wine from
cvs on the latest FC5. It works and the sound is almost perfect with OSS, but is totally
screwed up when I use ALSA, I don't know whether this is a WINE or Linux issue, so I
am cross posting to both lists.

Regards,
Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

"The course of history shows that as a government grows, liberty decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)