Re: merging new drivers (was Re: 2.6.18 -mm merge plans)

From: Christoph Hellwig
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 04:58:22 EST

On Sun, Jun 04, 2006 at 06:47:11PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Yes, I agree. As long as we reasonably think that a piece of code *will*
> become acceptable within a reasonable amount of time then going early is
> safe.

Definitly not the case for areca. The only progress at all is where people
like Arjan, Randy or me did very intensive babysitting. And it's still far
from beeing there.

And especially in scsi land I'm absolutely against putting in more substandard
drivers. The subsystem is still badly plagued from lots of old drivers that
aren't up to any standards, and we need to decrease the maintaince load due
to odd drivers not increase it even further.