Re: 2.6.17-rc5-mm1

From: Christoph Lameter
Date: Mon Jun 05 2006 - 15:36:42 EST

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Martin Bligh wrote:

> No, that is the config it starts with, sorry ... that was misleading.
> It then does makeoldconfig from there:
>
> http://test.kernel.org/abat/34624/build/dotconfig

Ok. So page migration is enabled.

> > Either what we see is due to code rearrangement or there is something wrong
> > with the fallback definitions in include/linux/swapops.h.
> > The swapless-pm-add-r-w-migration-entries.patch also introduces Hugh's
> > reversal of the anon_vma list.
>
> OK, are those easily separable? Sounds like one good test would be to
> force CONFIG_MIGRATION to =n, right?

CONFIG_MIGRATION off will disable the page migration stuff and make swap
types 30 / 31 usable as before. The reversal of the order for the anon_vma
list will be preserved.

So yes it may lead us further. If the problem persists with
CONFIG_MIGRATION=n then the anon_vma reversal may be an issue.