Re: [RFC] Update sysctl documentation

From: Diego Calleja
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 09:29:23 EST

El Tue, 06 Jun 2006 05:28:22 +0200,
be-news06@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Bernd Eckenfels) escribió:

> In the net case for example ipv4/conf/* is such a usefull cluster,
> especially since there is this dynamic all/default/<iface> functionality.

Well, all the subdirectories under ipv4/conf/* have the same set of
files. The differences between each directory is documented in
ipv4/conf/README

> And I also think you should not create TODO single-line files, better

I'd rather get some feedback and document all of them, to be fair, i'll
look into the source to guess what are they doing.

> BTW: perhaps some markup would be nice so we can create the man pages out of
> it? One thing I am impressed with in the BSD world is the existence of
> up-to-date Kernel ABI man pages.

Well, it'd be nice, but I'm afraid that it wouldn't be easy :) To
start with, we'd also need to document everything under sysfs....