Re: [patch, -rc5-mm3] fix irqpoll some more

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Tue Jun 06 2006 - 11:32:01 EST

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 16:59 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
> *
>
> ouch. Then this problem is more urgent than i thought. We definitely
> need the disable_irq_handler(irq, handler) infrastructure and it should
> be used in the most common drivers affected (vortex/3c59x, forcedeth and
> IDE basically).

Ingo, did you take a look at my alternative? It postpones the unmasking
of the interrupt till the enable_irq is done. It also doesn't have the
need to update 300+ calls to disable/enable_irq.

Also, the disable_irq_handler doesn't solve the case if the misrouted
irq came from the device that its driver called the disable_irq_handler.
This doesn't affect irqpoll, but for those cases that have broken irq
setups needing irqfixup this can still allow an irq storm.

-- Steve