Re: genirq

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 04:49:32 EST

* Daniel Walker <dwalker@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 16:42 +0200, Ingo Molnar wrote:
>
> > there hasnt been any real problem since the MSI one. The core bits are
> > rather stable. The patch-queue had positive input from the maintainers
> > of the two architectures with the most complex IRQ hardware (arm and
> > ppc*), and that's reassuring. But in any case, other architectures are
> > not affected at all (sans brow paperbag build bugs and typos), their
> > __do_IRQ() handling remains unchanged. So i'd like to see this in
> > 2.6.18. (there a good deal of stuff we have ontop of genirq)
>
> There was a problem reported by Kevin Hillman , the -v5 version was
> not functional on ARM omap boards .. Was that handled already in -v6?

Daniel - you should be aware that the -mm genirq lineup does _not_
include the ARM bits. Those changes go via the normal ARM QA and merge
path, i.e. via rmk. The -mm lineup only includes the generic bits (for
type-based platforms). In any case, they dont impact upstream genirq
merging plans.

(The omap thing in the armirq queue is likely some small thing. Thomas
is checking it.)

Ingo