Re: 2.6.17-rc6-rt1

From: Mark Knecht
Date: Wed Jun 07 2006 - 23:48:48 EST

Hi Ingo,
Since the Gentoo Pro-Audio overlay guys were so quick to get
2.6.17-rc6-rt1 into an ebuild I downloaded and built the kernel this
evening using that method.

1) The kernel did boot on my AMD64 machine.

2) gdm segfaulted so I couldn't run X.

3) Basic functionality was available in a console window.

I expect the gdm problem is on my end. Maybe it's a VGA driver
issue or something like that? I'll check that out tomorrow.

Anyway, it does boot so that's a start.

Cheers,
Mark