Re: [Ext2-devel] [RFC 0/13] extents and 48bit ext3

From: Alex Tomas
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 15:19:55 EST

IMHO ...

the main reason is that ext4 would be treated as a new generation
fs which will be used for lots of new features probably. and it
will take long to get into production-ready state. at the same
time, proposed patches (at least extents itself) are heavily
tested in production and could be made available for our users
very soon.

thanks, Alex