Re: [Ext2-devel] [RFC 0/13] extents and 48bit ext3

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 15:31:05 EST

Alex Tomas wrote:
Jeff Garzik (JG) writes:

JG> Stephen C. Tweedie wrote:
>> http://www.bullopensource.org/ext4/index.html

JG> heh, some ext3 developers are even calling it ext4 already ;-)

I bet once you proposed this name few years ago ;)

I wouldn't consider myself an ext3 developer :) ext2meta (online defrag) is my only real contribution.

I am much too much of an NIH guy, but I would be willing to participate in ext4 development. Everybody here has no doubt experimented with their own from-scratch filesystem, and I am no different:
http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/jgarzik/ibu/

Jeff